Are you Spending too much money on fence repairs?
Is your old cedar fence in continual need of repair? Are you finding you are spending more each year from your maintenance budget on fence repairs? Are you wondering at what point would it be more feasible to have a full fence replacement? In this blog, we will answer these questions and help you decide your next steps.
If you are finding your fence is in continual need of repair and you are wondering if you are spending a normal amount on repairs or if they are costing more than they should. We suggest you should assess your fence by answering the questions below.
Assess your strata fence
- Is your cedar fence 10 – 15+ years old?
- Is your cedar fence showing signs of rotting at the base of the posts?
- Is your cedar fence falling apart at the bottom rail? Boards dropping?
- Is your cedar gate broken?
If you live in BC it is very common for your cedar fence to rot because of the excessive rainfall. Also, if the fence was made from pre-fabricated panels it may not last as long as a handbuilt fence.
Assess the impact on you and your neighbours
- Are you worried about your children getting out of your yard?
- Are you worried about your pets escaping under or through the rotten fence?
- Are you worried about security? Unwanted people getting into your yard?
- Is your fence a potential danger to pedestrians walking by?
- Is your fence an eyesore?
Did you know? If your fence is prone to falling over and it’s near a public sidewalk your strata could be liable for any damages or harm it does to members of the public. In a worst-case scenario, they could sue if the fence were to fall and harm them.
Assess the financial situation
- Is your strata maintenance budget increasing every year?
- Is your strata spending thousands of dollars of your maintenance budget on fence repairs?
- Are you wondering if a new fence would pay itself off in a few years?
If you answered yes to 50% or more of these questions then yes, you are at the point where you should be considering a full strata fence replacement.
At this point, you may be thinking that the other members of your strata may not be ready for this project, however, keep in mind that your fence could be doing more damage than good and it’s causing an increase in your maintenance budget. If you are at this point, it’s important to start the process today. These larger projects take time to get approval. You’ll need buy-in from Council, strata members, and your Property Manager. The budget will also need AGM approval.
Next Steps to get a strata fence replacement
- Speak to your neighbours about their fence condition and repairs
- Bring up the subject at your next council meeting
- Reach out to us to get a free quote
Budget Options for your strata fence replacement
At this point you may be wondering, how do we pay for a full fence replacement all at once? The good news is that we offer to break our strata fence replacement projects into phases so you don’t need to do the whole project at once. This makes it easier for stratas to plan their projects along with other capital or maintenance projects.
Start the process today, get a quote from our team today by filling out our Get A QUOTE. Once you fill out this form one of our knowledgeable team members will reach out to you to discuss the details of your potential fence project and provide a free quote for you to to present to your council.
We hope you found this blog Spending too much on fence repairs? to be helpful. Feel free to call or contact us with any questions you may have about fence replacement for your strata, and a member of our support team will be happy to assist you. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. We care about our clients and are genuinely grateful for their business. Thank you for reading this.