Welcome to Richmond, a coastal city on Lulu Island. Richmond BC, was designated as a city in 1990. The earliest residents of this area were the Coast Salish bands – they had temporary summer camps on the island, to fish and collect berries. Certain Coast Salish summer camps were located at Garry Point, and Woodward’s Landing, along with the site of the Terra Nova cannery, which had at one time been a Musqueam village.
The Township of Richmond was named by Founding Father John Wesley Sexsmith after his birthplace The Township of Richmond, Lennox County, Ontario. The township of Richmond, British Columbia was incorporated on November 10, 1879. Premium Fence Company actually started in Steveston, where it resided for 24 years.
From condos and town-homes to single family residential homes, Richmond’s housing market has expanded rapidly over the years. This has created increased demand for fencing – not only in cedar, but alternative fence materials such as vinyl, aluminum and steel.